Sunday, March 11, 2012

SUPer FuN TriP tO MIchIGaN - Lots of Pictures

Check out our YouTube page to watch fun videos from the trip!


The kids and I woke up bright and early to travel to Michigan ahead of Ryan, who flew in several days later.  Ryan was kind enough to be our early morning chauffeur.



Kierce scored the "use" of an ipad on one of the flights.  She was ecstatic since she was trying to ask Santa for one this past year.  What a joyful reunion when my mom picked us up from the airport and drove us straight to a party to celebrate my Grandma Long's 93rd Birthday!  It was so wonderful to reunite with lots of family; my parents, brother, sister, nieces, nephews, Michelle (Grandma's caretaker, uncle, aunt, cousins, etc.



On Thursday, the girls were blessed with a warm welcome from Jackman Jags, the school they both attended since kindergarten.  Rowan went to class with her BFF Kaylin and Kierce went with her BFF Thalia.  They had a blast and topped their half day off with some play on the playground.  It brought tears to my eyes to see all of the love brought together :)  While the girls were at school, Merrick and I got to spend special time with my mom!


After picking the girls up from school, my Mom, the kids and I met a couple of my BFF's for lunch, Julie and Marci.  It was soooo good to finally get a hug from them.  Even though it had been several months since I had seen them, it felt like no time had passed.


We ate at an Irish pub for lunch, and I had to highlight that the girls both picked an Irish breakfast for their lunch.


Amongst all of the running around that day, it was great to spend it with my mother.  


In the afternoon we all got a little play time in with Sam, my friend Marci's daughter.  The kids loved playing just like old times.


That evening my mom and I enjoyed a dinner with a group of my friends, most of which I met through (Mops) Mothers of Preschoolers.


On Friday morning Merrick, Kierce and I headed to Temperance to make a quick visit with my friend Billie Jo and one of her sons Bryce.  The kids had fun playing in their giant basment/playroom.  It was so good to get a little intimate time with them!  Later, we dropped into my old gym to see some old friends, then met a couple of them for lunch.


That evening, while the kids spent quality time with my father, my mom and I met many, many of my friends at El Camino Real, just like old times.  Most of these friends I met at the gym and they have become very dear friends.


On Saturday, the kids and I got our motors going in the morning to go to my mom's choirs craft show.  My friend Julie met us there with all three kids including her new baby Izzie.  The kids actually sold American Girl blanket and pillows and a couple other items at this craft show last year, so it was fun to visit it again this year.  Rowan's best friend Kaylin, her mother and grandmother all met up with us as well.  It was a very fun day! 


That evening we had a little "game" party at my parents house.  A lot of family and friends were invited including my cousin Lori and her partner Steph who live here in San Diego.  We are blessed with being able to see them quite often here in SD.  Also, some of my friends came to hang out as well.  


On Sunday morning we visited our old church Northpoint.  It was great to spend time with my sister Kelly, brother Chris, nieces and nephews.  It was also great to see old friends and watch my brother Chris play the drums as well!  After that my parents, the kids and I headed out to my Aunt Susan and Uncle Bruce's house to meet for a quaint dinner before picking up Ryan from the airport.  We thoroughly enjoyed a fabulous meal with great company!  


After the kids and I picked up Ryan from the airport with welcome arms, we went straight to a gathering at Aunt Dawnie's house.  Look at this scrumptious s'more pizza, a favorite pizza for the evening.  It was one of four dessert pizza's and dinner was a made to order pizza with the option of gluten free!  ...yummo!  


What a way to welcome Ryan to Michigan!  We had a fabulous time with Ryan's Aunt Lynn, Aunt Dawnie, Uncle Kenny, his Dad and Grammy Kathy.  It was a nice small gathering filled with love, and much to be grateful for ;)


Later that evening we packed up and drove over to Ryan's mother, Colleen's house to stay for three nights.  The kids were blessed from their grandma with a valentine tree with fun gifts since we weren't in town for Christmas.  It took us all by surprise, what a creative idea!  


Monday during the day Ryan helped his mom pick out a blu ray player.  At night Colleen surprised us with a visit to a giant bounce house, with a ton of bounce house's all lined up in one huge room.  The kids had A LOT of fun!


On the way home, Ryan decided to bring home one of his all time favorite pizza's.  Merrick impressively was able to carry this giant box and according to Ryan the pizza was just as yummy as ever!


On Tuesday Colleen really surprised us with a trip to the world famous Marvin's Marvelous Mechanical Museum.  This place was filled with all kinds of video games (new and some very old), flying airplanes, and mirrors like the one above!



Here we are on a carousel.  What a fun day (a BIG) thanks to my creative mother-in-law!  




On Wednesday we drove down to Dundee's famous Splash Universe water park.  We were blessed with a fun day of splashing and spending quality time with Ryan's Dad and Grammy Kathy.  Rowan was checking her Grandpa's face to be sure he was at least trying to smile :)  


This is Ryan and Merrick saying, "Thank you for such a fun day!"


And this is Rowan saying, "Thank you Grandma for surprising us with horseback riding lessons!"


...and Kierce too


...and Merrick as well!  On Thursday the kids were so blessed to have been surprised with this fun event which the kids have been dying to do for years now!  


That evening we met a bunch of family and friends at our trusty favorite, Pizza Primo buffet. 


This date with Aunt Lynn (which grew into a much bigger event) was one of the first dates on our trip planning calendar.  We have not been able to stop talking about Pizza Primo since our move to San Diego, so much that we have actually brainstormed opening different types of pizza shops!  Needless to say, it was a fabulous night!


On Friday evening, we ventured with my parents to Tecumseh to visit my Grandma Long, and to watch my niece Brynn perform in the Beauty and the Beast on her birthday!  It was great to see my Grandmother one last time before heading back to San Diego, she was in such good spirits.


Here are all the girls loving on Brynn after her successful performance!


After the show we headed out to Big Boy to grab a treat and celebrate Brynn's Birthday.  Ryan and I were able to sit with my brother Chris and sister-in-law Kelly to do some catching up!


On Saturday, my sweet parents threw a huge gathering for us to share a few more moments with our loved ones before heading back to San Diego.   This is a nice group shot with Ryan's family!


My cousins Rob and Cheryl were one of the many who traveled far and wide to attend this party. 


We were so blessed with many hugs from all kinds of family and friends, including Chris and Cliff.  If there were a group shot, it would have been HUGE!   


On Sunday the kids and I went to Northpoint church one more time, and thankfully Ryan insisted on staying at my parents to work on getting us ready to go.  It was so great to spend a little more time with some family and see some friends of the church as well.


After church, my Aunt Nancy made one last visit before it was time to drive to the airport.  We had a nice intimate visit, while finishing up some last minute packing.  My friend Candi surprised me with a last minute visit as well!  The kids were sure to get a lot of loving in with our dog (now my parents dog) Buddy before leaving for the airport.

  
A massive thanks to my parents for driving us to the airport, and showering us with hospitality while staying in their home!  A huge thank you to my mother-in-law for hosting us for three days, Aunt Dawnie and Aunt Susan each for hosting a gathering in our name.  ...and a gigantic thank you to EVERYONE whom we were able to spend time with.  There was so much love, kindness, joy and gifts spread among us.  


God planned a random meeting just before entering the plane at the airport with my BFF Sarah, who is a flight attendant.  Our flight got delayed just enough for us to connect!  Thank you God :)


...and I must close with a little note to self:  schedule an ealier return flight.

Check out our YouTube page for many funny videos from the trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment