Friday, July 1, 2011

Uno Week in San Diego


Wahoo, we were all so happy and relieved when that Penske truck finally sat empty at the end of the night last Monday.  The girls were troopers and Ryan and I send a BIG thanks to my brother Dana, and Paulette for all of their help!!  ...everyone loved the pizza Paulette!


On the day after our arrival, we had our first visitors, my cousin Lorie who lives in San Diego, and my second cousin Tyler and his girlfriend Chelsea, who live back home in Michigan.  Chelsea is already adopted into the family as far as Merrick is concerned, he is absolutely in love with her!  After helping me put our kitchen table together, they offered to take the kids down to the pool to watch them swim.  The kids were happy about that, and I had some time to get some things unpacked!


The next day we had our second set of visitors, my friends Cheryl (who I rowed with at Eastern Michigan) and her husband Mike.  They currently live in Northern California and will be moving to Seattle for a new Cheryl's new job very soon.  Thanks to their visit, we had a nice morning walking the pier and making discoveries at the tide pools.  Lunch at Hodad's was amazing, and it was just nice to take a breather from all the hustle and bustle of the move.


The kids and I were thrilled to check out the farmer's market later that day.  Look at all these veggies...someone was in heaven!  The kids are seeing and experiencing so much culture.  Its so cute to see them look up at me with wonder and awe when they see something they have never seen before.  Hey, I'll join the club, I am seeing a whole lot that I have never seen as well, like three massive organic heads of lettuce harvested same day for only $5.00!


When Ryan and I were in town over a month ago to find our new place, Dana and Brooke took us to Yogurtland in their neighborhood.  Its a place where you can choose from several flavors of soft serve frozen yogurt and add any toppings you choose.  You can imagine how happy we were when we found a similar place in our neighborhood!  When you come to town, we'll be sure to visit this yummy place.  They even have traditional sour frozen yogurt as an option, which makes me happy!  

  
Merrick (my social firefly) has already made a BEST friend within our complex!  They are both thrilled with the friendship and are loving all of the Spiderman, Lego and train camaraderie.  You should hear their conversations...priceless!  The girls have also established friendships with his sister and brother and their fast friendships make this mom a happy mom!


This weekend was a lot of fun!  Paulette and Bo met us at noon to walk down to the neighborhood street fair.  The kids had a blast watching the skate board competition and taking in all the sights.  After that, we just couldn't let the fun end, so we  headed to Coronado Island for a gorgeous beach afternoon and evening that my cousins Lorie and Steph were hosting, with family and friends.  Chelsea and Tyler just couldn't resist the opportunity to bury Kierce and Merrick in the sand!  We all had an absolute blast!


 Dana had a spectacular idea to meet up at Phill's BBQ to bring the weekend to a close.  We met up with Dana, Brooke and their little one, along with Paulette and Bo.  It was a spectacular meal ending with square dancing choreographed by Rowan and a BIG HUGE group hug that was inspired by the little guy in the center that wanted to get smashed!


Now I can officially say that I have the cutest beach bums EVER!  We are really loving San Diego, more and more each day.  Of course we are missing family and friends from Michigan, but are also loving the special time with family that we haven't been able to see often.

No comments:

Post a Comment