Sunday, January 22, 2012

Rain, by Kierce


The second grade class hosted a poetry reading coffee house style this past Friday.  Let me tell you, it was just what I needed to lighten the mood on this particularly hectic Friday morning!  I had no idea how much fun it would be!  These kids were so entertaining!  


It gave me great joy to watch Kierce read her beautiful poem in front of a pretty large room full of people. 


...and of course Merrick was pretty happy with the donuts and juice available for him ;)



This video shares Kierce reading her poem.  I did cut off her reading the title.  oops.


One of the last poems to be read, was by Kierce's best friend Perla.  She was the only student who wrote about her friend.  Of course I wanted to cry.  ...sniff sniff.  I am so glad Kierce has made some really good friendships.  Later I shared with Kierce that good friends can last a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment