Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Hablas Español?

Do you speak Spanish?  I don't, but with the encouragement of their father, the girls are learning Spanish and planning to teach the entire family what they learn!  Ryan remembers a little from taking one semester of the language in high school.  I on the other hand only know hi, bye, please and thank you from waiting tables with coworkers whom only spoke Spanish.

A couple days ago Ryan joked, "you're gonna have to learn Spanish if you want to order your taco the way you want it."  And of course I pushed back, "no I don't, my taco comes just perfect just the way it is."  The girls took him seriously as you can see for yourself below.  I was in the kitchen when I heard chirping voices coming from around the corner.  As I walked into the living room, I realized that it was the girls both learning Spanish on their Nintendo DS Gaming Systems.  I just had to capture this cute scene on film!


Rowan came up with a catchy way to make it easy for the entire family to learn Spanish; by labeling items around the house!  So Rowan and Kierce got busy using their "learn Spanish" program and little post it notes to label chairs (pictured below), tables and even our globe! 


I am so excited that even the idea of our journey to San Diego is already finding a way to enrich our children's lives.  All because of their teasing Dad!  Rowan and Kierce are doing so well, its looking like they will be able to order their Dad's taco the way he wants it, and that will surly make their Dad happy ;)  Yummo!

No comments:

Post a Comment